How do I add descriptive tags to a session?
You can add descriptive tags during and/or at the end of your chat session by following these steps:
- Click the "tag chat" button (flag icon above the typing area)
- Select the tag from the drop-down list. You can also start typing to search and filter the list.
- At a minimum, you should apply at least one Primary descriptive tag to each chat session
- Primary tags: Circulation, Citation, Directional, eResources Access, Inappropriate / Prank, Ready Reference, Research, Technical
- Note: Don't use the Follow-up tag as this is for follow-up via email, a feature AskAway doesn't currently use
- You can add additional tags as needed (for the time being, please add up to a maximum of four tags per session)
- If you selected a tag by accident, click the "x" button to remove the tag
- Once you're happy with your selection, click the OK button
- If you'd like to add additional tags later in the session, you can do so at any time
See the AskAway website Descriptive Tags page for more information on why these tags are important and how they are defined.
Note: If you claim a new incoming chat at the exact same time as another service provider but they end up with the call, you may be asked to tag the chat before closing the chat window on your end. If this happens, leave it up to the responding service provider to add tags as they will have a better idea what type of help the patron received.