How do I transfer a chat session?
In LibraryH3lp, follow these steps to transfer a call to another service provider:
- Before you transfer, ask the patron if they would like to be transferred (you may wish to use the Chat - Transfer script)
- Ask in Campfire to see if one of your colleagues can take a transfer
- When you're ready to transfer, click the transfer button in the toolbar above the typing area (the icon with two arrows)
- In the box that pops-up, select to transfer the chat to "users" and in the drop-down select the service provider you are transferring to and click "Ok"
- Back in the chat session, you will see a message that the call is being transferred
- Note: If you send a message to the patron while the transfer is in progress, you will re-claim the chat and the service provider on the other end will not be able to respond to the patron
- Wait until you see a message that the chat has been successfully transferred (e.g. answered by bceln-sadie-p) and the chat background greys out
- Once the transfer has been picked up by your colleague, you can close the chat on your end by clicking the "X" button in the top right
Note: You can add tags before transferring or when you close the transferred chat and these will be captured in the session data.
This short screencast (1min 30 sec / no audio) shows you how to transfer a chat to another service provider.